We are a traditional Vietnamese restaurant located at No. 35 Hang Buom Street, in Hanoi’s famous Old Quarter. We are close to Dong Xuan market and Hoan Kiem Lake - regarded as the heart of the city. We sever you the very best Vietnamese food in a beautiful old style French building with an authentic Hanoian atmosphere.
Vietnamese cuisine is a style of cooking derived from Vietnam with fish sauce, rice, fresh herbs, fruits and vegetables all commonly used. Traditional Vietnamese cooking is greatly admired for freshness of the ingredients and for the healthy eating style.
If you want to eat real Vietnamese food made with fresh local ingredients, then you need to visit Pineapple restaurant. Our highly skilled chefs use only the freshest ingredients to prepare and present our dishes to give the guests the very best quality and taste of every item on our menu.
Traditional Vietnamese Cooking Classes
Classes are held daily (see schedule below for times) at Pineapple Cooking Centre. As class sizes are limited, advanced booking is essential.
What to expect in a typical class:
You and your fellow class participants will begin by meeting our chef at Pineapple Restaurant. The activities of the class and your chosen menu option will be discussed.
Your cooking adventure begins with a wonderful walk to Dong Xuan market - the oldest market in Hanoi. Walking through the Old Quarter is the best way to experience and enjoy every movement of Hanoi’s bustling environment. At Dong Xuan market, you will be fascinated by the bright colors of the fruits and vegetables, noises and the smells of the fresh foods on display.
We’ll stroll around and visit the distinct food sections with their variety of herbs, vegetables, meat and seafood. It‘s very interesting to watch and learn how local women choose and buy the best quality of the freshest food from the numerous food stalls in the market.
After our visit to the market, it’s back to Pineapple Cooking Centre for a short rest where you will enjoy Hanoi lotus (jasmine) green tea before starting the cooking part of your class.
We’ll begin with explanation of the ingredients used in Vietnamese cooking and then under guidance from our chef you will be making authentic Vietnamese dishes in no time!
You’ll learn how to marinate and to season your dishes which are crucial lessons to learn for Vietnamese dishes. You’ll also learn how to decorate your dishes with carrot flowers, lemon grass stems, banana leaves and curved chili. Do not worry if you struggle as our chef is always willing to give you a helping hand.
Once you have made your dishes the best part follows as you get to sit down and enjoy your handiwork.
Mornings: 9:30 am – 1:30 pm
Afternoons: 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
30.00 USD/person (based on a min of 2 participants, max. of 10 participants) - includes all ingredients, recipes and a little Vietnamese gift to bring home with you.
• Nem Ran Hanoi (Fried Hanoian traditional spring rolls)
• Cha Ca Hanoi (Grilled fish Hanoi style)
• Com Cung Dinh Hanoi (Rice cooked with shrimp, Hanoian style)
• Che Long Nhan Hat Sen (Longan stuffed with lotus seed dessert)
Vietnamese Streetfood Option
• Nem Cuon Tom Thit (Fresh spring rolls with shrimp and meat)
• Ga Nuong La Chanh (Grilled Chicken on skewers with lime leaves)
• Ca hap sot me (Steamed fish wrapped in lotus or banana leaf with tamarind juice)
• Che Khoai Lang Nau Gung (Sweet potatoes with ginger dessert).
• Nem Chay Ran (Fried veggie spring rolls)
• Dau Phu Sot Ca Chua (Hanoian fried tofu with tomato sauce)
• Ca Tim Kho To (Eggplant in clay pot)
• Che long Nhan (Dry longgan pudding)
Pineapple Special Option
• Nem Cuon Kieu Nha Hang Trai Thom (Pineapple special spring rolls)
• Com Cung Dinh kieu Nha Hang Trai Thom (Pineapple special Royal rice)
• Bo Nuong kieu Kieu Nha Hang Trai Thom (Pineapple special grilled beef)
• Che long Nhan hoa nhai (Longan stuffed with lotus seeds and jasmine flowers dessert)