Hanoi –world’s cheapest city for tourists
Hanoi, Vietnam’s capital has been rated as the cheapest destination for travelers in summer 2012 (from June 1 to August 31), according to the US website TripAdvisor.
Criteria for ranking (TripIndex) is based on the combined costs for 2 people touring and staying one night at a four-star hotel, cocktails at a five-star hotel, a two-course dinner with a bottle of wine, and 2-mile long taxi fares.Hanoi stood out of the surveyed cities from 48 countries which receive the largest number of visitors in the world
Asia has 6 cities among the top ten cheapest localities while European cities are the most expensive with London staying atop.
The cheapest hotel room goes to Bangkok at US$81/ night, while the most expensive goes to London, at US$362 /night.
* The top five cheapest cities:
1. Hanoi, Vietnam (US$141.12)
2. Beijing, China (US$159.05)
3. Bangkok, Thailand (US$161.90)
4. Budapest, Hungary (US$193.78)
5. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (US$194.43)
* The top five most expensive cities:
1. London (US$518.01)
2. Oslo, Norway (US$499.91)
3. Zurich, Switzerland (US$485.82)
4. Paris, France (US$480.76)
5. Stockholm, Sweden (US$472.36)
Latest Travel News
in Quang Tri
in Can Tho City
in Quang Ninh
in Hoa Binh
Vietnam and 49 countries and territories around the world have attended the...
The month-long Vietnam food festival opened in Bangkok, Thailand on June 5.